Every year I post a list of sessions I scheduled to attend at VMworld. I learned many years ago that when attending VMworld I need to *do* things at VMworld that I can’t *do* after the conference is over. That is why I always try to attend as many group discussion sessions as I can. I also try to attend as many expert led workshops as I can. Breakout sessions are all recorded, so they can be watched after VMworld is over. If there is a breakout session that you want ask questions to the presenter, then that is a good session to add to your schdule. You can connect and complete Hands on labs after VMworld is over.
Here is a list of sessions I am scheduled to attend :
- ELW-SDC-1632 – vRealize Automation Advanced Workshop
- EUC5101 – What’s New in VMware Workstation 2015
- STO6548-GD – Group Discussion on Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- STO6550-GD – Meet the Virtual SAN Engineering Team with Christos Karamanolis and Christian Dickmann
- STO5336 – VMware Virtual SAN Architecture Deep Dive
- ELW-MBL-1656 – Horizon Air Delivering Desktops as a Service Workshop ExpertLed Workshop
- INF6394-GD – Vsphere lifecycle with Brian Graf and Salil Suri
- STO6552-GD – Meet the Virtual Volumes Engineering Team with Patrick Dirks
- INF6396-GD – Platform security with Mike Foley
- VAPP6432-GD – SQL Server on VSAN with Rawlinson Rivera
VAPP6537-GD – Extreme Performance Series: Maximize Performance on vSphere 6
Chris Whal & Duncan Epping both have great list of session picks.